Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feed Your Head


It's official: You can pre-order my new anthology, FEED ME: WRITERS DISH ABOUT FOOD, EATING, WEIGHT, AND BODY IMAGE at Amazon. Yay!

I'm excited about this collection, if I do say so myself. There are some tremendous essays in here, from writers like Amity Gaige, the ever-hilarious Laurie Notaro, Caroline Leavitt, Ann Hood, Joyce Maynard . . . and, yes, yours truly. And they cover just about every aspect of our relationship with food. Plus the collection got awesome advance praise from Mary Pipher (one of my favorite writers), Betsy Lerner, Ellyn Satter (another one of my faves), and Nancy Redd.

Random House is producing a digital excerpt, with the introduction plus three essays. I'll load it onto the blog when it arrives.

Stay tuned. . . .

9 comments:

Carrie Arnold said...

So how do I get an autographed copy? ;)

Consider it added to my cart!

Lisa and Jim said...

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've pre-ordered.

Ari J. Brattkus said...

Yay!!!

emmy. said...

congrats on the new book! is this the book the blog wrote ;)

i can't wait to get my hands on it.

hey, i just wanted to let you know that i just read up on your daughter's story for the first time in the article you wrote for the nytimes, "one spoonful at a time." it's chilling. it freaks me out in a strange way. that even though i've lived through all of the illness, and the pain (both physical and emotional), and the behaviors for years, first hand.. i may have absolutely no idea what the hell i'm supposed to do if my child finds themselves on the same path.

you must be strong as hell. it sounds like you've done an incredible job.

how old is your daughter, now? and how is she doing?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm going to pre-order my copy right now. Looking forward to reading it.

mary said...

You've sure been busy! Good for you Harriet. I look forward to reading what you've put together too.

Rosalie Y said...

I cannot wait to read this :)

Rosalie

Apple Berry said...

Sounds good and because it'sabout food I'm interested and probably won't be able to put it down until I'm done!

V